- Every post to this list will have a
clear and direct
(ie: as opposed to indirect or tangential)
to the fulfillment of our mission statement.
- The list will start with two members
(me and Perry--if he agrees).
of the list are those with the right to post.
Anyone can receive posts but only members can create them.
- Members agree to make at least one thoughtful post
in any six-month period. Members will make no more than
six posts in any calendar month.
- Posts are expected to be original contributions by the author
(or, if they are "reposts" from somewhere else--must be
prefaced by a short explanation of why they are relevant)
- Candidates for membership must be nominated by two members
(who must each post a short description of the strengths
and weaknesses of the candidate). All candidates will be in
agreement with the mission statement, will conduct themselves
with dedication and humility,
will strive to respect, listen to and respond to the points of principle
that have been raised--and will
have a proven ability to remain calm in the face of provocation.
- Candidates will post a short description of
their political history and why they believe they
may be able to contribute to the mission of the list.
- Candidates are then allowed to make three posts, with
at least ten days between each post. Candidates do not
become members until ten days after their third post.
- Any candidate can be vetoed by any member at any time prior to
becoming a member. This means that once nominated the candidate
is vulnerable to veto for a period of at least thirty days
(ie: 3 posts x 10 days each). A member who vetos a candidate
must post his reason for the veto. Any candidate who is vetoed
is not eligible for candidacy for at least six months.
- Members can only nominate one candidate in any calendar month.
- Expulsion requires a simple majority of the members
(note: this means a majority of the total members--not a majority
of members who vote. An abstention or failure to vote will count
as a vote not to expell. Hence, if the list becomes large
expulsions may become impractical.)
- It would be expected that members would discuss much of the
operation of the list on the proletarian democracy
focus list (that would
also be public) and reserve the resonance list for the serious
contributions to theory. The nominations for membership,
the political history/application of candidates, the reasons
for a veto, any discussion of (or organizing for) expulsion
and discussion of changing the rules or mission statement
--would all be made on the focus list. The focus list would
likely have a higher volume of posts but the resonance list would
have a larger non-posting audience.
- Consideration will be given to methods of using the list to
carry out public debate
with any and all serious challengers
from various political trends. This may include forwarding posts
from serious challengers to the list for comment and debate.
- The list will be limited in size to 12 members
with the right to post. There will be no limit on the number who can receive posts.
- Changing the rules or the mission statement will require
a vote of at least two-thirds of the total membership